Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sheldon_H
New Contributor

Unable to access FortiCloud

When I log into FortiCloud I can access the services page, but cannot get beyond that to see any devices. Anyone else having issues?

8 REPLIES 8
jlandky
New Contributor

Same here - Been searching for information

x_member

I raised a ticket earlier today about this - empty dashboard since UK time 08:30 at least, now completely unable to login.

I suspect it's some sort of maintenance work by the FortiCloud team as when I could access my empty (dashboard) it showed an incremented version.

Fortinet CS seem to know nothing about it, and despite searching I can find no mention of a FortiCloud service desk.

Sheldon_H

It's starting to come back online now

x_member

sheldon@itsecuritynl.ca wrote:

It's starting to come back online now

Yep - my devices are listed again.

I'll update my ticket and request a reason for the outage.

jlandky

Working here.

jlandky

@codemonkey - Did you get a reason for yesterdays snafu?

This is all I got from my ticket:

Hello,  My name is XXX and I have been assigned to your ticket.  Are you not able to log into forticloud from both the fortigate and the website itself? (www.forticloud.com)  If you require support sooner, I recommend calling in at 1-866-648-4638 and referencing the ticket number  and if I am not available you would have the option to speak to the next available engineer. 
x_member

jlandky wrote:

@codemonkey - Did you get a reason for yesterdays snafu?

This is all I got from my ticket:

Hello,  My name is XXX and I have been assigned to your ticket.  Are you not able to log into forticloud from both the fortigate and the website itself? (www.forticloud.com)  If you require support sooner, I recommend calling in at 1-866-648-4638 and referencing the ticket number  and if I am not available you would have the option to speak to the next available engineer. 

Not yet - the ticket's at Level 4 and stuck at "Researching".

I tried calling support first and the engineer I spoke to clearly had no idea what I was talking about. That lead me to raise my ticket, which will be kept open until I receive a concrete response.

From previous experience of reporting and querying FortiCloud service outages the impression I get is that the FortiCloud team operate in complete isolation from Fortinet TAC and as such are unaccountable for service decisions - in the past they have even failed to respond to queries from senior Fortinet management relayed on my behalf. 

I don't expect to have to deal with this type of unexplained outage much longer; we will be reviewing our relationship with them later in the year due to the level of service we've received.

x_member

I had an update on my ticket from Fortinet Support this morning.

The outage was an unplanned service outage.

I've closed my ticket with a (strongly worded) suggestion that FortiCloud service status / outages should be indicated on the login page and communicated to the Fortinet Support team.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors