Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sheldon_H
New Contributor

Unable to access FortiCloud

When I log into FortiCloud I can access the services page, but cannot get beyond that to see any devices. Anyone else having issues?

8 REPLIES 8
jlandky
New Contributor

Same here - Been searching for information

x_member

I raised a ticket earlier today about this - empty dashboard since UK time 08:30 at least, now completely unable to login.

I suspect it's some sort of maintenance work by the FortiCloud team as when I could access my empty (dashboard) it showed an incremented version.

Fortinet CS seem to know nothing about it, and despite searching I can find no mention of a FortiCloud service desk.

Sheldon_H

It's starting to come back online now

x_member

sheldon@itsecuritynl.ca wrote:

It's starting to come back online now

Yep - my devices are listed again.

I'll update my ticket and request a reason for the outage.

jlandky

Working here.

jlandky

@codemonkey - Did you get a reason for yesterdays snafu?

This is all I got from my ticket:

Hello,  My name is XXX and I have been assigned to your ticket.  Are you not able to log into forticloud from both the fortigate and the website itself? (www.forticloud.com)  If you require support sooner, I recommend calling in at 1-866-648-4638 and referencing the ticket number  and if I am not available you would have the option to speak to the next available engineer. 
x_member

jlandky wrote:

@codemonkey - Did you get a reason for yesterdays snafu?

This is all I got from my ticket:

Hello,  My name is XXX and I have been assigned to your ticket.  Are you not able to log into forticloud from both the fortigate and the website itself? (www.forticloud.com)  If you require support sooner, I recommend calling in at 1-866-648-4638 and referencing the ticket number  and if I am not available you would have the option to speak to the next available engineer. 

Not yet - the ticket's at Level 4 and stuck at "Researching".

I tried calling support first and the engineer I spoke to clearly had no idea what I was talking about. That lead me to raise my ticket, which will be kept open until I receive a concrete response.

From previous experience of reporting and querying FortiCloud service outages the impression I get is that the FortiCloud team operate in complete isolation from Fortinet TAC and as such are unaccountable for service decisions - in the past they have even failed to respond to queries from senior Fortinet management relayed on my behalf. 

I don't expect to have to deal with this type of unexplained outage much longer; we will be reviewing our relationship with them later in the year due to the level of service we've received.

x_member

I had an update on my ticket from Fortinet Support this morning.

The outage was an unplanned service outage.

I've closed my ticket with a (strongly worded) suggestion that FortiCloud service status / outages should be indicated on the login page and communicated to the Fortinet Support team.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors