Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SkeletonManGabe
New Contributor III

Unable to Upgrade FortiAuthenticator

I attempted upgrading my 6.0.7 virtual fortiauthenticator server to 6.4.9 last night with no success. It simply hung when it reached the "Migrate Encoding - upgrading encoding of database fac to UTF8 succeeded portion"

FortiAuthenticator-6.4.9-Upgrade-Fails.jpgI waited roughly 45 minutes with no movement. I ended up shutting the server down and reverting to my snapshot. I also tried version 6.4.0 and 6.3.4 to see if there were any differences and they all simply hung as well. Anyone run into this type of issue that can shed any light on what to look for when this occurs so I can attempt this again during non production hours? Thanks in advance!!

1 Solution
SkeletonManGabe
New Contributor III

I increased my memory on the virtual server to 4gb and the problem resolved itself for the upgrade.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @SkeletonManGabe 

It looks like that is stuck after database encoding. possibly there was an issue with the upgrade or encoding. I think you can open a TAC ticket for further assistance.

regards,

Sheikh 

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
SkeletonManGabe

I don't understand how your comment pertains to my question at all.

It's a production environment, we don't have a test fortiauthenticator environment to first upgrade purely for testing. That's the beauty of it being virtual and I can simply revert back to the original snapshot so my employees are not hindered the next morning. 

I don't have any logs or anything besides what was in that screenshot so I'm not sure how to proceed. I've also opened a ticket with support to get their help but wasn't sure if anyone else has run into this. 

SkeletonManGabe
New Contributor III

I increased my memory on the virtual server to 4gb and the problem resolved itself for the upgrade.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors