Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mvatansever
New Contributor II

Unable to Register FortiNDR-Sensor with FortiNDR-Center on VMware ESXi

Dear,

I have installed FortiNDR in my VMware ESXi 6.5 environment. The installation consists of two platforms: FortiNDR-Center and FortiNDR-Sensor. Below are the details of the installation files and the configurations:

Installation Files:
Center: FNDR_VMC-CENTER.v7.4-build0534-FORTINET.out.ovf
Sensor: FNDR_VM-SENSOR.v7.4-build0534-FORTINET.out.ovf

VMware Resource Allocation:
FortiNDR-Center
Name: FortiNDR-VMC
IP: 10.0.1.150/24
Route: 10.0.1.1
RAM: 32G
CPU: 8

FortiNDR-Sensor
Name: FortiNDR-VMC
IP: 10.0.1.151/24
Route: 10.0.1.1
RAM: 8G
CPU: 4

Everything appears to be functioning correctly; however, I am unable to register the FortiNDR-Sensor with the FortiNDR-Center. I have followed the installation and registration steps as outlined in the documentation, but the sensor fails to register.
Could you please assist in resolving this issue? Any guidance on additional steps or configuration checks that I might have missed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

Sensor_Information.pngCenter_Information.pngFailed_to_Register_New_Center.png

1 REPLY 1
mpapisetty
Staff
Staff

Hi @mvatansever ,

Could it be that the ports needed for Sensor and Center communication are not allowed? 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortindr/7.4.4/administration-guide/568647/appendix-c-fortindr-po...

-Manoj Papisetty
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors