Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
keenhon
New Contributor

Unable to Get FortiTokenMobile free trial tokens

I am having issue getting the free trial tokens.

Serial Number: FAC-VM0000000000

I just deployed FortiAuthenticator on AWS using the marketplace image version 6.2.1.

After everything setup. I thought my company firewall may have blocked some urls. After checking in another post, I have requested all those urls to be opened.

I am still having issues, this seems to be a old issue that has been resolved on another thread. But it is now happening again.

On the status page, I see this issue: FortiToken Cloud - Status - Service unreachable 

When I go to the token page (Authentication->User Management->FortiTokens->Create new FortiToken->FortiTokenMobile), I see this issue: FortiToken Mobile activation is disabled because this VM is unlicensed or license is disabled.

When I try the "Get FortiTokenMobile free trial tokens", I get this issue: Error : FortiAuthenticator VM license not found

This is really frustrating and making me want to tell management to just drop the product.

1 Solution
amouawad
Staff
Staff

Unfortunately it was disabled in the unlicensed versions two years ago. You'll need a license (eval or production) on the FortiAuthenticator to use the tokens.

You can request a 60day evaluation license from your Fortinet representative/partner to test this out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amouawad
Staff
Staff

The FortiAuthenticator AWS is BYOL (bring your own license). This means you will still need to purchase/upload a license onto the device once it comes up.

Your serial number is FAC-VM0000000000 which means it's unlicensed, and why you're getting the errors.

keenhon
New Contributor

amouawad
Staff
Staff

Unfortunately it was disabled in the unlicensed versions two years ago. You'll need a license (eval or production) on the FortiAuthenticator to use the tokens.

You can request a 60day evaluation license from your Fortinet representative/partner to test this out.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors