Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
phattlmann
New Contributor

Unable to Authorize FortiAP

I've got a Fortigate30E-3G4G with a single FAP-221C connected.

I've purchased a second FAP-221C, and while it's being discovered in the "Managed FortiAPs" screen of the GUI, I can't authorize it.

From the cut sheets of the Fortigate 30E, it says the maximum number of FortiAPs is 2, although in the firmware it shows 1/1 Total FortiAPs. This doesn't seem right. Any insights?

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Have confirmed from the Max values table (both 6.0 and 5.6) that the 30E supports 2 APs.

Try adding the AP via the CLI:

config wireless-controller wtp edit "FP221C3X16000000" next end

See if that gives you any error message. 

Also check to see there is only have one AP listed in that section - if there is already two entires there, the fgt may not allow you to add another AP even if only one physical AP is connected.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Just to confirm, it's not a FortiWifi 30E-3G4G?  That would only support one FortiAP.

bravishank_FTNT

From the cut sheets of the Fortigate 30E, it says the maximum number of FortiAPs is 2, although in the firmware it shows 1/1 Total FortiAPs. This doesn't seem right. Any insights?

This means FWF can manage two Forti APs. One directly Connected FAP & one Remotely managed FAP.

Balaji

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors