Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marcel2012
New Contributor

Two services with same port

Hello, sorry for that question but i am new @ fortigate and firewalls. I am try to learn it in a testlab. So i have one public IP and i what to use https für my Exchange Server and a webinterface. But i can create only one nat rule with one public ip. So how can i solve this. shoud i order a secound public adress ( when yes how i set up my fortinet) thanks fpr our help PS: i use the fortinet in a NAT mode.
4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi, and welcome to the forums. You are right, you can only forward one public IP address if you forward ALL ports. That' s logical. If you port-forward to 2 different destination ports 443, then you have to use 2 different external ports, like ext -> int 443 -> 443 server 1 4430 -> 443 server 2 Each translation requires one VIP of it' s own, and one policy each to make it work.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Marcel2012
New Contributor

Thanks for your answere. Ok that also means i have to add the port to the webadress (web.domain.com:4430) from extern! Is this right? Alternativ i can order a secound ip-adress and how can i add this to my fortigate?
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, you add the custom port to the URL. A second public WAN IP address would be serviced by a second VIP - there is (nearly) no limit how many external IPs can be serviced by the FGT.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Marcel2012
New Contributor

thanks again i give it a try.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors