Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Vânesson_Santos
New Contributor

Two licenses on one fortigate

I have some fortigate boxes and when I went to activate the license I took the license from the wrong box and put it in another, then I added the correct one but I can't remove the wrong one to reuse it in the correct box, firewall in version 6.4.5, what can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
rvillaroman
Staff
Staff

Hi @Vânesson_Santos ,

You may call support hotline https://www.fortinet.com/support/contact to request to transfer the license entitlement to your another Fortigate device. You may also use the webchat option if you are unable to call on the hotline.

rvillaroman
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Are those two licenses the same license? As you put the first one on your target device and it was taken by the system, the chances are if you put the one intended for the target one on the different/wrong device might be taken as well.
Like FortiCare licenses, you might get multiple licenses for multiple devices. In that case it doesn't matter which license to be applied to which device, as long as those devices are the same model.

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors