Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MrJohanL
New Contributor

Two SSL-VPN clients causing Forticlient to get stuck on 98% when connecting

I'm a consultant working with different companies, each using their own flavour of VPN software.

One company uses Citrix Gateway and the other Forticlient.

I can connect 100% fine to the Citrix Gateway VPN, but as soon as both Citrix Gateway VPN and Forticlient is installed on the same computer, Forticlient gets stuck when connecting at 98%.

I have tested this out on 2 other computers and found the following:

[ol]
  • When only Forticlient is installed I can connect perfectly fine to the SSL-VPN in Forticlient
  • As soon as the Citrix Gateway plug-in is installed, Forticlient gets stuck at 98% when connecting to the same VPN that was working in point 1 above.
  • I have another client also using Forticlient for VPN and it works the same when connecting to their VPN as well which leads me to believe that it is not something to do with the VPN connection configuration, but rather the Forticlient software or windows configuration.
  • If I connect to the Citrix VPN and then connect to the Forticlient VPN it works.
  • It appears as though the Citrix VPN does something to SSL configuration that then lets Forticlient connect.
  • I have followed all the posts suggesting the repair of the WAN Miniport drivers without success. I also did this on a brand new computer only loaded with a Windows 10 base installation with the exact same behaviour.
  • I have not been able to find any Event Viewer logs mentioning anything useful and the Forticlient logs are not of help. The logs reference the following two errors when Forticlient got stuck at 98%

3/18/2021 2:24:23 AM error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 17136: tunnel_to_fgt error 3/18/2021 2:24:26 AM error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 4940: error: ras_loop(), waitResult=1

• I have tried uninstalling the Citrix VPN, but then Forticlient still gets stuck at 98%[/ol]

I've attached the logs to this post.

I'm glad that I found the workaround by connecting both VPN clients simultaneously, but I will need to find a way to fix Forticlient so that it works independently even with the Citrix VPN installed on the computer.

Forticlient VPN configuration:

Type: SSL-VPN

Port: Custom Port 10443

Client Certificate: None

Do not Warn Invalid Server Certificate: Checked

• 0 REPLIES 0
    Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors