Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alxndr3
New Contributor

Two MPLS Channels

Hi all.

I was provided with two mpls links from two diferent ISPs which a need to connect the HQ to Branch.

I would like to know from you guys the best sollution for this.

I own one FGT100D 6.2.1 and one FGT60E 6.2.1

Alexandre Cardoso

Alexandre Cardoso
5 REPLIES 5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

SDWAN and a virtual-wan would be ideal in this case.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Viknesh_Muniyandi
New Contributor III

Well, If I'm not wrong, you need to communicate with Branch office from HQ with the help of 2 MPLS. 

How 'bout configure them in SD-WAN....If you do so, it gives you the redundancy and load balancing. Traffic would get shared by 2 mpls. 

Alxndr3

Alright gentleman,

I'm going to give a try on that right now, any trouble I'll contact you again 

Thank's very much.

Alexandre Cardoso

Alexandre Cardoso
Alxndr3

Please I'll need some more guidance on how to set up that topology, I've set up SD-WAN on the branch Fortigate then connected it to two interfaces on my HD Fortigate, however I need to add routes from my LAN to the branch's LAN but I can't set two static routes to one network through two different interfaces. 

How do I do it?

Thank's again.

Alexandre Cardoso

Alexandre Cardoso
Alxndr3

So guys,

In this my scenario Fortigate Branch's WAN1 and WAN2 are set as SD-WAN, its IP addressees are 10.1.125.2/24 and 10.1.130.2/24 and gateways are Port9 10.1.125.1 and Port10 10.1.130.1 of Fortigate HQ, LANBRANCH is set as 10.1.140.1 and is a DHCP Server.

In Branch the default static route is 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 to Interface SD-WAN, IPV4 policy allows traffic from LANBRANCH to SD-WAN interface and vice versa. Now, in Fortigate HQ, WAN1 and WAN2 are set as SD-WAN and it goes to the Internet, Port9 and Port10 I've configured as a Redundant Interface, named them as HQ-BR and attributed to it two ip addresses 10.1.125.1 and 10.1.130.1, I've created an IP4 policy to allow traffic from HQLAN 10.10.10.0/24 and HQ-BR and vice versa, it was added two static routes: Destination 10.10.140.0/24 Gateway 10.10.125.2 Interface HQ-BR and Destination 10.10.140.0/24 Gateway 10.10.130.2 Interface HQ-BR.

I start pinging a device which is in HQLAN from on in LANBRANCH, then disconnecting Port9 or Port10 after few replies the communications is restored, now when pinging a device in LANBRACH from HQLAN it works only through 10.10.125.0, if this interface is down the replies will happen only if the route Destination 10.10.140.0/24 Gateway 10.10.125.2 Interface HQ-BR were disabled or its distance were increased manually.

So what I need very much is to make it automatic.

Alexandre Cardoso

Alexandre Cardoso
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors