Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
anderp73
New Contributor

Tunnel through main building to connected two other to reduce latency.

I have Custom Tunnels from B1 (1.0) to B2(2.0) that is 1ms latency.

I have a custom tunnel from B1 to B3 (3.0) that is 13ms latency.

I have a custom tunnel from B3 to B2 that is a 54ms latency.

I want to send the connection from B3 to B2 through B1 to reduce the latency between these two buildings. I need the latency to be under 20ms.

I created a route forB2 2.0 traffic going to 3.0 to use the tunnel through 1.0

I created a route on B3 for 3.0 traffic going to 2.0 to use the tunnel through 1.0

In the firewall policy on B1 Lan traffic from 2.0 going to 3.0 to go through the 3.0 tunnel and reversed cloned.

I also created a policy on B1 Lan traffic from 3.0 going to 2.0 to go through the 2.0 tunnel and reversed cloned as well.

On B2 and B3 I created the Policies for any Lan going to B2 or B3 to pass through the B1 tunnel and also reversed cloned these two policies.

It didn’t work. What am I missing here?Network Di.png

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

You mentioned 1) routing, and 2) policies. But you didn't mention about 3) phase2 network selectors. Did you adjust the selectors to allow B2<->B3 traffic to go over the tunnels to/from B1?

Then sniff packets at B1 if those are coming to B1 from B2/B3. You have to disable offloading on the policies with CLI though to see them fully.
"set auto-asic-offload disable"

Toshi

anderp73

Thank you for the reply, I will try this tomorrow, I hope. I did not add the selector. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors