Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

Trunk Port on FortiSwitch

Hello Dears

I am trying to perform trunk with cisco interface on fortinet switch 148F , i did the configureation required for trunk as show below but it is not working anyone can help plz? i think the issue is unable to change to dot.1q it's working isl

config switch trunk edit "Trunk" set members "port2" next end

Bests

13 REPLIES 13
jackpr

2 things:

1) see above, can you add dot1q encaps to your cisco config?

2) you're running the switch in standalone mode. This wont be discovered by the FGT like this - please follow

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/6.4.2/devices-managed-by-fortios/821883/connecting-fo... 

jackpr

can you also add Switchport trunk encaps dot1q to your cisco trunk config? some switches dont default to .1q

ebilcari

You have to create VLAN 21 if you plan to use it for access in FSW from GUI:

Switch> VLAN [+ Add VLAN]

make VLAN 21 as native in one of the port, connect a device and check if the MAC address is learned in the FSW and after that check if it's spanned in the Cisco switch also.

# diagnose switch mac-address list | grep -i mac

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
MustphaBassim
New Contributor III

is the license impact on the operation since i see the license is not active while it is added on the portal and register

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors