Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CVB1
New Contributor III

Trouble with firewall policys

Good morning, I have a forti 60F and for a few days I have been experiencing problems with the firewall policies, they worked well and now I have to create groups without any security profile so that they can access the internet, the problems are permanent, could you help me try to discover what's going on?

Firmware: v7.0.12 build0523 (Mature)

Another thing I noticed is that even though dhcp assigned me an IP to a machine, on devices it still shows me the old IP.

An the CLi Console shows me connection lost.

Thank you so much

1 Solution
mle2802

Hi @CVB1

Unfortunately, you will need to go to 7.2.6 and then 7.4.1. Please refer to the following for upgrade path "https://docs.fortinet.com/upgrade-tool"

Regards,
Minh

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@CVB1 
Is there any resource issue with your FortiGate?
If you check with 
diag deb crashlog read 
Do you see any process being killed or memory conserve mode?

CVB1
New Contributor III

I can't access cli console.

Connection lost. Press Enter to start a new session.

I was able to get it out by logging in via ssh.

crash 202308.png

crash.png

xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@CVB1 
For your CLI from GUI, you can follow this guide and it may do the trick:
Technical Tip: Fix CLI console from FortiGate GUI - Fortinet Community

For the second issue it seems like you have had some problems with WAD that would impact traffic if any security profiles are activated.

Try to open a support ticket to follow WAD , or upgrade to another FortiOS version, from which i would recommend 7.2.6 or 7.4.1

CVB1
New Contributor III

Can I go from 7.0.12 to 7.41 without installing any other intermediate version?

firmware_7_4_1..png

mle2802

Hi @CVB1

Unfortunately, you will need to go to 7.2.6 and then 7.4.1. Please refer to the following for upgrade path "https://docs.fortinet.com/upgrade-tool"

Regards,
Minh

mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @CVB1,
The fact that you need to create another policy without security profiles to access Internet means that your UTM is blocking traffic. Can you please check under security events logs to see what is blocking traffic?

Regards,
Minh

CVB1
New Contributor III

I{ll check that. Thanks

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors