Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
negss
New Contributor

Trial FortiVM to trial FortiManager

So I'm trying to use the trial-licensed versions in my research and having the following issue. When trying to add the FortiVM as managed device, I get "Probe failed". I understand the trial FortiVM does not support strong encryption, so on FortiManager I have done:

config system global
set enc-algorithm low
I have also tried various additional suggestions on the Internet as setting fgfm-ssl-protocol to tls1.0 or sslv3 but so far nothing changes, still Probe failed.

The machines are on the same subnet, FMG-Access has been enabled on the firewall and so on, should not be a connection issue.

FMG: 7.2.5 Trial License FgVM: 7.2.6 Trial License

omegle xender
3 REPLIES 3
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Why are you using FortiVM and not a FortiGate VM?

pmeet
Staff
Staff

Hello @negss ,

Seems like due to trial license is what might be causing this issue:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Trobleshooting-Tip-Getting-error-Probe-Failed-message-wh...

Check the following to prevent the error from occurring:

• The FortiGate has to be registered in the support portal.
  • Enable the 'fgfm-access' on connecting interface and has to be disabled from other unused interfaces.
  • The FortiManager IP has to be correctly mentioned.
  • Set the 'enc-algorithm' from default to high on the FortiGate.

PATELMM
davidbrown72
New Contributor

It is like you've covered the usual troubleshooting steps. Have you checked the FortiVM and FortiManager logs for more details forbiddenpants on the "Probe failed" error? Sometimes, the logs can provide more insights into what's causing the issue.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors