Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mattlemon
New Contributor

Transparent problems

I have an FGT 100D in transparent mode and it works fine for a while but then stops. It varies from 15 minutes to 3-4 hours. It is in between a dell secure works IDS and an ASA firewall (via a cisco switch). I don' t see anything in the logs at the time that the issue occurs. I have a mgmt VDOM in NAT mode and a transparent VDOM with two interfaces in it passing all VLANS. Any help gratefully appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
dominikw
New Contributor II

Hi ! When FG " stops" - do you mean FG hangs (with no response ?) or management is OK ? What firmware do you use ? If mgmt is OK : - What is traffic load level when it stops ? (diag sys top) - Did you try to sniff packets ?

Dominik Weglarz, IT System Engineer

Mattlemon
New Contributor

Hi, By stop, I mean that it stops passing traffic, or at least we loose internet connectivity which is where the FGT is placed. The management interface and VDOM still respond fine. I haven' t looked at the load level but I' ll try it again today and see if that has anything to do with it but I see it in normal use and it' s fine. Thanks.
dominikw
New Contributor II

Some debug can help : FG# config vdom FG# edit VDOM-transparent 1) FG# diagnose sniffer packet any ' ' 4 option 4 to see which interface check if packets reach FG and then if they left 2) FG# diag debug enable FG# diagnose debug flow filter clear FG# diag debug flow filter addr FG# diag debug flow show console enable { FG# diag debug flow show function-name enable } FG# diag debug flow trace start 100

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors