Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
______mih_ai______
New Contributor II

Transit vlan

Hello.

sorry for my bad english.

I have fortigate 200d and i need set up transit vlan

I move virtual server from my network to provider, and he can't give me l2 network, only trasnit l3

Now i need set up transit vlan where i route my vlan, and i don't understand how i must create it.

Cable from provider plug in physical interface on fortigate, i set ip of transit vlan on it and create vlan with tag.

see attach

1 Solution
sw2090

you have to have

- one vlan interface that has vid of the transit vlan and is usually bend to a physical interface. You already have that.

- a static route for the subnet you want to reach over the vlan ith your providers gateway as gateway.

- at least one policy to allow the traffic. This has the transit vlan interface as source interface and the remote subnet as destination. Incoming interface is the interface you are on and source is the subnet you come from.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
13 REPLIES 13
sw2090

you have to have

- one vlan interface that has vid of the transit vlan and is usually bend to a physical interface. You already have that.

- a static route for the subnet you want to reach over the vlan ith your providers gateway as gateway.

- at least one policy to allow the traffic. This has the transit vlan interface as source interface and the remote subnet as destination. Incoming interface is the interface you are on and source is the subnet you come from.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
______mih_ai______

If you wrote this in first post:)

sw2090

yeah didn't see that in the notification mail and sometimes the form doesn't quote the original msg anywhere  when you Reply...

yes you basically wrote that in your post above mine. 

So does it work now?

-- 

______mih_ai______

yes, all works

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors