Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kylef5993
New Contributor

Transferring VPN from Windows 10 to MacOS

I currently have a VPN setup on my computer at work to access files and am looking to download forticlient on my MacBook Pro so that I can access my work files on the road. Is there anyway to transfer the VPN settings between the two computers? The issue I’m having with setting this up myself is that I don’t have the pre-shared key. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d really appreciate it!

UPDATE 1: I tried downloading FortiClient 5.6.6.755 and using that but I am getting error 111. I don't believe that my system backup brought over the pre-shared key. It did bring it over when I was using the newest version BUT I was still getting an error. 

Also, when I backup the configuration on my PC and restore on my Mac (VPN 6.2), it seems to restore successfully but I continue to get the following error message.  "Connection was terminated unexpectedly. Error -104"

UPDATE 2: I was able to fix the VPN but now I am having issues actually accessing my files. Shouldn't they simply show up in finder as another server?

1 REPLY 1
Kylef5993
New Contributor

Also, when I backup the configuration on my PC and restore on my Mac, it seems to restore successfully but I continue to get the following error message. 

"Connection was terminated unexpectedly. Error -104"

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors