Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jcegar
New Contributor II

Transfer HA Fortigate devices to another FortiCloud account

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.1/administration-guide/388078/transfer-a-device-to-...

In this article is guide to transfer one device. How to transfer both devices?

I have tried and one device has been transferred. Backup device have status that is transferred, but it does not appear on Cloud Asset Management.   

1 Solution
Debbie_FTNT

Hey jcegar,

you might have to do a failover on the cluster so the other node is in charge for a bit and can connect to FortiCloud itself; FortiCloud can sometimes have issues with seeing cluster nodes properly if the cluster was formed before the devices joined FortiCloud (which is technically the case here, cluster was already present before devices were added to the account they're currently in).

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @jcegar,

Did you transfer both FortiGate serial numbers? On the Dashboard > Status, do you see the new account ID? 

Regards, 

jcegar
New Contributor II

On the Dashboard > Status on both devices (management interface access) I see the new account ID, but on the cloud portal I can see only one primary device serial number.

Debbie_FTNT

Hey jcegar,

you might have to do a failover on the cluster so the other node is in charge for a bit and can connect to FortiCloud itself; FortiCloud can sometimes have issues with seeing cluster nodes properly if the cluster was formed before the devices joined FortiCloud (which is technically the case here, cluster was already present before devices were added to the account they're currently in).

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
jcegar
New Contributor II

Hi Debbie_FTNT,

Thanks I already did it that way with success. It seems that is only way, I thought there is some other way without calling failover.

Thnak you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors