Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
evelazquez
New Contributor

Traffic with "Source Interface unknown-0" form the wireless connection.

In my infrastructure Wireless (FAP 221C & 222B) we have many traffic with:

- Source Interface unknown-0

We are using a Fortigate 500D as Controller and we have 14 FortiAP connnected to this Fortigate.

The devices connected to any of the FortiAP that have message "Source Interface unknown-0" are having problems to go internet or anothers networks

Has Anyone have this problem?

Regards

Eduardo Velazquez Rivera

1 REPLY 1
Mikelar
New Contributor

I came across the "unknown-0" interface when I created a new VLAN. I have a Fortigate 60D running both DHCP & DNS server. The DNS server was set to use the 'internal' interface. When I created the new VLAN, the DHCP settings on the new VLAN interface had DNS: "use interface IP". I started to see traffic in my logs with source or destination interface "unknown-0". This was resolved by correcting the DNS server config to reflect the new VLAN interface.

Not exactly the same as your issue, but I only found 2 threads that even mentioned "unknown-0" (this is one of them), and nothing else via Google. I suggest running the packet sniffer from the CLI to learn more about the traffic attempting to use the unknown-0 interface, then double checking all parts of your configuration that would affect this traffic.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors