Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
itmdadmin
New Contributor II

Traffic match with wrong Schedule

Foritgate FW version : 7.4.4

I have created two proxy policy with different schedule, office hour and non office hour.

and i notice that the traffic is matched with non office hour schedule and policy when I access internet in office hour. 

anyone have experience this issue ? 

Observed Update on 8/July/2024:

Traffic between 4PM to 3 AM will go to office hour policy with schedule 8AM-7PM

Traffic between 3AM to 4 PM will go to non office hour policy  with schedule 7PM-8AM  

Office_Hour.pngNon_office_hour.pngTraffic_log.png

15 REPLIES 15
itmdadmin
New Contributor II

sry are you replied a wrong post... 

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @itmdadmin,

I can't reproduce this issue in my lab. Please check FortiGate timezone and make sure it is correct. You can also collect debug flow to see if it really matches that policy. https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-First-steps-to-troubleshoot-connecti...

Regards, 

itmdadmin
New Contributor II

1. Timezone is correct and I have worked with a foritgate engineer to troubleshoot it but still not solved and the case is under researching....
hbac

Hi @itmdadmin,

Does it also happen to regular firewall policy or just proxy policy?

Regards,

HarshChavda
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Can you verify source and destination in policy look up and Check to see there are no other firewall rules that supersede this rule.  Remember that firewall rules are processed from top-to-bottom.

itmdadmin

there is no other policy that will supersede those two rules

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

what I see is that your one schedule's ending time is exactly the start time of the other and vice versa.

Probably this might result in sessions being created with wrong policy because both are active for that minute and then the first will  match?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
itmdadmin
New Contributor II

we had try setting the start time and end time with 1 min different but still the same result. 

smaruvala
Staff
Staff

Hi,

- Do you see the issue all the time or only for a specific period of time every day?

- Is the "fast-policy-match" configuration enabled in the Firewall? 

Regards,

Shiva

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors