Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
keaton
New Contributor

Traffic latency between Fortiswitch VLAN and Internal LAN

Spoiler
I am having issues with latency on internal traffic from My Fortigate 100F internal lan (hardware switch) to Fortiswitch VLAN. When I put both machines on separate Fortiswitch(148F) vlans they work fine. I have an Arube 10gb switch attached to the 100F Internal lan port.

I did notice that the speed of the internal lan port is set to 1000full while the vlan interface is set to 10000full. Would this affect traffic performance?

3 REPLIES 3
keaton
New Contributor

FW is allowing all traffic between the networks

rahulkaushik-22

Hi @keaton 

you should be fine on 100F when traffic passes through 1G-10G interface, 

Regards, 
Rahul Kaushik

MR RAHUL K KAUSHIK
HarshChavda
Staff
Staff

Hello @keaton ,

The speed mismatch between your FortiGate 100F internal lan port set to 1000 mbps and your FortiSwitch vlan interface set to 10000 mbps can affect traffic performance causing latency issues. Can you try to match the speeds of your interfaces. You can refer this document: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Note-Changing-the-speed-settings-on-an-interfa...

best regards,

Harsh

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors