Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Traffic Shaper Quota

What happens if a user exceeds the bandwidth quota set in the traffic shaper? I don' t see it in the admin guide.
6 REPLIES 6
TopJimmy
New Contributor

From page 161 of the Admin Guide (4.0 MR2)
When user traffic going through the FortiGate unit is blocked by traffic shaping quota controls, users see the Traffic shaper block message or the Per IP traffic shaper block message when they attempt to connect through the FortiGate unit using HTTP
-TJ
-TJ
Not applicable

A block message is displayed. Is this the only option? What if I wanted to simply apply a different shaper to a user that had exceeded the quota. I don' t want to block anyone.
nothingel
New Contributor III

I recently updated to MR2 and I cannot find the traffic quotas. I checked the online demo at www.fortigate.com and the result is the same. Other than the references to the replacement messages in the MR2 manuals, I also haven' t been able to locate documentation for traffic quotas. Has the feature been removed from MR2? If not, would somebody direct me to their location in either the GUI or CLI? Thanks!
TopJimmy
New Contributor

On 4.2.2 (4.0 MR2 Patch 2) you find them here: UTM>Web Filter>FortiGuard Quota you can also find quota sections for websites under UTM>Web Filter>Profile and edit the specific " profile" .
-TJ
-TJ
nothingel
New Contributor III

I checked the areas you' ve mentioned and those Fortiguard quotas seems to be the new feature introduced with 4.2 involving time-based quotas for web sites. I' m looking for the generic traffic quotas that were based on bytes transferred regardless of the protocol used. In 4.1, they were defined as part of the traffic shapers. I' m sorry if I' m missing something obvious here. Thanks!
nothingel
New Contributor III

For those interested... I received a reply from support and after the usual back-n-forth, it was reported that an engineer confirmed that the traffic quotas were removed in 4.2. I am very disappointed. I was hoping to see improvements and am shocked that they' re flat-out gone. I' m told to contact my reseller and request it as a new feature. This is a frustrating response because it' s really a dead-end for me.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors