Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
harald21
Contributor

Too many normal wtp entries

Hello, we are running a FWF-60C with FortiOS 5.0.4 (build 0228). We try to configure a new FAP-221B, unfortunately wireless clients are unable to connect to this device. During troubleshooting I discovered that this device runs in " Remote" wtp mode. At the cli I tried to change the wtp mode to " Normal" , but this is not successfull, I always get the error message " Too many normal wtp entries (5/5)" . In the FortiOS 5.0 CLI Reference (" fortigate-cli-50.pdf" from Sept. 10, 2013) these commands are not included, so how do I increase the number of wtp entries in the FortiWifi configuration? Sincerely Harald
3 REPLIES 3
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

How many APs do you have? 5 is the max on the FGT/FWF60C.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

I was curious about this and could not locate any reference or settings in the 5.0 CLI Reference manual about any max. limit of APs. I am assuming this limit is related to the encryption tunnel. Only place I have found hard numbers is in the Product Matrix. So does the max total mean without encryption?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

In v5 you should see how many APs are supported in the " Managed AP" screen... Managed Access Points ---> Managed FortiAP Looks like max number of tunnel mode APs remains at 5 for the FWF/FGT-60C but they have increased the total number to 10 (an extra 5 for remote mode APs) Tunnel mode SSIDs require more processing power on the Fortigate.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors