Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
osaid
New Contributor

Too many concurrent connection in CLI console

Dears, recently after i login to fortigate vai GUI, i tried to connect to CLI console by click in black console but " Too many concurrent connection" appear, am waiting long time to try again but still appear , any one to help with this case? With Best Regards[right][/right][center][/center][left][/left][left][/left]
Osaid suliebi Network Administrator Palestine Exchange
14 REPLIES 14
Page
New Contributor

Hope it helps. http://docs.fortinet.com/fgt/handbook/cli_html/index.html#page/FortiOS%205.0%20CLI/execute.31.018.html Syntax execute disconnect-admin-session <index_number> To determine the index of the administrator that you want to disconnect, view the list of logged-in administrators by using the following command: execute disconnect‑admin-session ? The list of logged-in administrators looks like this: Connected: INDEX USERNAME TYPE FROM TIME 0 admin WEB 172.20.120.51 Mon Aug 14 12:57:23 2006 1 admin2 CLI ssh(172.20.120.54) Mon Aug 14 12:57:23 2006
FCNSA v5.0
FCNSA v5.0
osaid
New Contributor

thanks, i tried the command by access to FG via SSH (putty) because am connect access to CLI console in FG itself, but only i can see my user (user i access via it).. Please advice us
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Concurrent admin logins can be restricted by a setting in ' system global' :
 config system global
    set admin-concurrent enable
' enable' to allow concurrent admin login from the same IP address, ' disable' to restrict to one login only.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
osaid
New Contributor

Thanks But am can not access to CLI console in GUI, and when i tried to execute above command, i found just one admin user (no more than on)!! if i reboot the unit,is this solve the problem?? Regards
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you are logged in via the Web GUI, that counts as 1. Then you try to login to the CLI via the Console window, that makes it 2. Which is not allowed. So, on this Fortigate you will never be able to login to the CLI! Just kidding - log out from GUI and login via ssh, change the setting, and all' s good.
osaid
New Contributor

Just kidding
log out from GUI and login via ssh,i changed the setting config system global set admin-concurrent enable but still i received " Too many connection" when i click on CLI console window in GUI Please advice us.. Regatds
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

As a test, can you login 2x using the ssh client?
osaid
New Contributor

YES, I can by using putty and 2 users..
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Then I think it' s a GUI problem. Try to clear the browser cache, and to use a different browser. Even rebooting the FGT might have an effect.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors