Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
IShall
New Contributor

Too many bad login attempts

Have a problem, one of our admins entered wrong login password, now we get the " Too many bad login attempts... try again in a few minutes" message. Trouble is, it' s been like this for three weeks. We have other ways of remote access but our primary management server remains blocked. How do I reset this condition without a reboot ? Thanks. Fortigate 1000A, b0733 MR7 Patch 2
FGT310B MR3 Patch 15 FMGR MR3 Patch 8
3 REPLIES 3
doshbass
New Contributor III

Hi IShall, This should time out by itself, is it possible that your managment server is trying some sort of automated login with the worng password. You should enable logging of admin logon events in teh event log to see if this is the case.
Still learning to type " the"
Still learning to type " the"
g3rman
New Contributor

Hi IShall, on the command line try execute disconnect-admin-session ? See if this yields any results. Probably not, since you are not logged in, but won' t hurt to try.
A Real World Fortinet Guide Configuration Examples & Frequently Asked Questions http://firewallguru.blogspot.com
A Real World Fortinet Guide Configuration Examples & Frequently Asked Questions http://firewallguru.blogspot.com
IShall
New Contributor

I actually had an upgrade due so I have gone to 4.0.3 - so my issue has gone for the time being. I still don' t know why the condition persisted, I have a management station that tests the ssh service on the firewall without actually logging in, but this has been running for ages. But thanks for the good suggestions, if this happens again I will use them. --------------------------------------------
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors