Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Luc
New Contributor

To display dhcp server config

Hi all,

I am trying to display dhcp server config on 30e but i am not sure this gives code 5 error? Any idea?

# show ? <Enter> Or full-configuration show full configuration

# show full-configuration system dns Command fail. Return code 5

Secondly I want to do debugging on dhcp server traffic to see what is wrong....Any workaround?

Thanks help

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

For dhcp you need to use "show full-configuration system dhcp server"

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
10 REPLIES 10
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Depending whether or not you are on site or trying to remote troubleshoot from afar.

If you have access to he GUI, I would check the internal (or LAN) interface to see if the DHCP server is enabled.  Next, check the "Device Detection" option on the same interface.  Using the DHCP monitor (under monitor) and compare that against the detected "User & Device->Device Inventory" list - this is one way to detect rogue or statically assigned devices. 

From the CLI, type get system arp will provide a list of detected devices - this list may be similar to what is reported from the device inventory list. 

If DHCP is enabled (on the internal interface) have someone direct connect a laptop to one of internal ports and see if they get an IP.  If not, remove all cables from the internal ports and reboot the 30E - direct connect the laptop again and see if it gets an IP then.  If so then I would suspect a network loop and/or rogue (DHCP) device somewhere on the network.

Luc wrote:

Thanks reply..

Actual issue investigated is that clients are not getting IP addresses from the Fortigate device? What troubleshooting and workaround should be?  Where to start troubleshooting?

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors