Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Omar_Alhasan
New Contributor

This port is using a third-party transceiver. Fortigate 500E

Hello everyone, Can anyone explain to me why I have this error message and what kind of SFP+ adapter I should use??????

Best regards,

Omar A

1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Looks to me as if that is not an error message but more an informational one. It just states a la "attention: this port uns with a 3rd party transceiver" ;)

This must not neccessarily be a bad thing ;)

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Looks to me as if that is not an error message but more an informational one. It just states a la "attention: this port uns with a 3rd party transceiver" ;)

This must not neccessarily be a bad thing ;)

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Omar_Alhasan

ede_pfau

...except for if you open a support case and the tech looks into the live machine...if the transceiver is only remotely connected to the problem support will refuse to work with a (unknown) 3rd party transceiver.

Prices are down to reasonable levels, why don't you use FTNT transceivers instead?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors