Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marcos_FDS1012
New Contributor III

They receive a message which link is down

I made a configuration to receive an e-mail message when my link goes down, but I would like to know which link went down, I'm using event 20099, I tried to configure event 20090 but I don't receive an e-mail.
Is there any way to receive the name of the dropped link or interface?

1 Solution
pmeet
Staff
Staff

Hello @Marcos_FDS1012 ,

There won't be a different event ID based on different interface, You should be able to see in the email in the raw log which interface was down

date=2024-08-05 time=11:11:08 eventtime=1722870669172337133 tz="-0400" logid="0100020099" type="event" subtype="system" level="warning" vd="root" logdesc="Interface status changed" action="interface-stat-change" status="DOWN" msg="Link monitor: Interface internal7 was turned down"

PATELMM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pmeet
Staff
Staff

Hello @Marcos_FDS1012 ,

There won't be a different event ID based on different interface, You should be able to see in the email in the raw log which interface was down

date=2024-08-05 time=11:11:08 eventtime=1722870669172337133 tz="-0400" logid="0100020099" type="event" subtype="system" level="warning" vd="root" logdesc="Interface status changed" action="interface-stat-change" status="DOWN" msg="Link monitor: Interface internal7 was turned down"

PATELMM
patelr
Staff
Staff

Hello @Marcos_FDS1012,

Please review https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-configure-an-automation-stitch-to-g... and https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Automation-stitch-test-related-to-event-lo... for further clarification on how to configure an automation stitch using a specific event log ID from the Logs on FortiGate.

Thanks, 
Ronak Patel

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors