Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

The mail server

The mail server can´t send e-mails but can receive it. I have an FG-60 in cluster, this units connects to a Router that connect to the internet. The interface of the Router that connects to the FG has a sub-interface with the Public IP address of the mail server. I receive the e-mails using a Firewall Policy with a Virtual IP but when i try to send e-mails the traffic doesn´t go to the Router, the physical addres of the IP that connects to the FG is not the same as the one used for the mail server, the one used for the mail server belongs to a sub-interface. Do i have to send the packets of the mail server to the Router with the public ip of the mail server? any help will be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Not applicable

Somewhere there needs to be a policy allowing outbound mail. If this already exists, make sure the policy has the NAT checkbox selected. Let me know if it is already and I may have some follow up questions.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors