Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mpetronic
New Contributor

The futex facility returned an unexpected error code trying to start client

I installed that latest FortiClient on my debian 11 host. When I attempt to open the GUI, it get this error:

$ forticlient gui

The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.
Aborted

I configured my VPN server connection and verified that I can ping that server. When I attempt to connect, it starts attempting a connection but then fails with:

$ forticlient vpn connect owems

[owems]
Connect VPN: owems
Notification: Error: Can not connect to VPN server.
DONE.

I can connect to this server from my work setup where I am also running debian 11. However, when I connect there,  I get a popup indication that there is not a valid SSL cert for the connection and I have to click OK to ignore that warning and then the connection completes successfully.

At home, on my debian 11 workstation, I never see that SSL cert warning when the connection starts.

At work I am running: 

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Release:	11
Codename:	bullseye

$ uname -a
Linux mpws 5.10.0-16-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.127-2 (2022-07-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux

At home I am running the same Debian version but with a newer major kernel version that I needed to support a display driver issue:

❯ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Release:	11
Codename:	bullseye

$ uname -a
Linux mpws 6.0.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.0.5-1 (2022-10-28) x86_64 GNU/Linux

I would appreciate any guidance on how to solve this.

1 Solution
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

FortiClient version 6.4.9/7.0.7 onwards (which is the latest version) supports Debian 11 but with GNOME or KDE as listed below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/linux-release-notes/136392/product-integration-...

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

FortiClient version 6.4.9/7.0.7 onwards (which is the latest version) supports Debian 11 but with GNOME or KDE as listed below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.7/linux-release-notes/136392/product-integration-...

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors