Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GG506
New Contributor

The connection is failing on FortiClient SSL VPN MFA version 7.4.0.1658 on Windows 10 Home Single.

I have a computer with Windows 10 Home Single, trying to connect to VPN through FortiClient SSL VPN with MFA version 7.4.0.1658.

Before updating, it was connecting fine. In the updated version, the connection is not loading.

There are no error messages occurring. In the event log, no errors are detected. I tested with two different users, both on the same version of Windows, and encountered the same problem.

After updating to Windows 10 Pro, the updated version of FortiClient was able to connect to the VPN.

Is there any compatibility issue between the updated FortiClient version and Windows 10 Home Single or Windows 10 Home Edition?

5 REPLIES 5
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @GG506,

It could be a driver issue. You can try a different FortiClient version. 

Regards, 

mhberglund
New Contributor II

Please confirm how to get different versions? You do not allow access to different versions if we use the SSL VPN version only.

Mikael Berglund, 76BITS
Mikael Berglund, 76BITS
Rajan_kohli

Hi @mhberglund,

You can download a different version from the support site: support.fortinet.com

Ref:https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-download-different-or-old-versions-...

Regards

Rajan Kohli
mhberglund

Unfortunately this does not work for non-paid for versions of FortiClient.

I get the following message when I login to the support pages...

Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract.

Please contact Fortinet partners to purchase Fortinet support contract or Fortinet customer service team at cs@fortinet.com.

Mikael Berglund, 76BITS
Mikael Berglund, 76BITS
mhberglund
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. FortiClient / FortiNet support, how can a version update break functionality? This is not good. Do you test versions that are released?

I will do some testing to see what the issue is.

Mikael Berglund, 76BITS
Mikael Berglund, 76BITS
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors