Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Aramis_belt
New Contributor

The cmdb add entry failed.

What causes this error: " The cmdb add entry failed." I can' t add a firewall policy due to this error. thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Matthijs
New Contributor II

It' s a bug. Solved by a reboot, but it will come back in time (backup your config!) Upgrade to a later patch level to solve this issue.. What patchlevel are you running?
Aramis_belt
New Contributor

I not really sure if you' re referring to the firmware? here' s my firmware FGT82C-4.00-build441. if not can you tell me how to check the patchlevel?and where to download and how to install. thanks.
Matthijs
New Contributor II

Build 441 is MR3 FortiOs 4.0 MR3.0 is unstable. There are no patches yet. It is not advisable to run the latest MR without patches :( Like i told before, rebooting will solve the problem for a while and let' s hope Fortinet will rellease MR3 patch 1 before this happens again :) After rebooting the problem can be gone for weeks or even months. Not sure what is causing the problem. You might want to consider creating a support case to let fortinet investigate this problem, but i think they will ask you to reboot at some point anyway.
Aramis_belt
New Contributor

Matthijs thanks a lot for the info.
FortiRack_Eric
New Contributor III

Hi, This cmdb error more often occurs on units in HA. And in HA mode it occurs more often in A-A mode than A-P. Moreover in 4.2.6 it occurs rarely. Also it seems that 80C' s are more affected than others. Cheers, Eric

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack
Matthijs
New Contributor II

We had this issue on a 310B with MR2P1.
cloza
New Contributor

I have the same problem on 80c v4.0,build0441,110318 (MR3). Reboot, if it' s possible :( solve it.
Paul_Dean
Contributor

This has been a persistent problem for me with FG80C units I have deployed. It was a problem with 4.0 MR2 6322 (special branch to support FortiAP wireless controller). It was supposed to be fixed in 4.3.0 but it is still present. Anyone know if it' s been fixed in another release?
NSE4
NSE4
Paul_Dean
Contributor

Having spoken to a very helpful support engineer at Fortinet it seems this issue is caused by the unit running low on memory. Updated the IPS engine to the latest version 1.00231 which uses less memory. In Policy -> Protocol Options settings, reduced the file size Threshold down to 2MB from 10MB which is the default. Making these changes dropped the memory down from 73% to 59% after which I could then make configuration changes without a reboot. I will keep an eye on things for the next week and see if this has resolved the issue.
NSE4
NSE4
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors