Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ban
New Contributor

The Botnet category is no longer available when searching the Application Signatures list

I am currently running firmware version 5.4.4 and will be upgrading to version 5.6.x. I can see that in v5.6.x "The Botnet category is no longer available when searching the Application Signatures list." Within my configuration, I currently have Application Control Security Profiles that block the category 'Botnet' and also block for anything that matches a behaviour of 'Botnet.'  This is applied to outbound traffic, sourced from my internal clients. What is the best way to continue to block this kind of traffic, following the upgrade?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Ban With 5.6.x, botnet connection has moved to interface. If you define no role, or the role Wan, you can block or monitor connections to Botnet Sites. Best,

Markus

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Ban,

The Botnet category is moved to IPS now in FortiOS 5.6.

Homing

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors