Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chendewu_520
New Contributor

The 2FA code activation email was blocked

The 2FA code activation email was blocked

And I don’t have a way to add SMS.

Is there any other way to activate the 2FA code?8EA3CB55-3F2B-4ef8-9669-88FD496DA6A4.png

9 REPLIES 9
seshuganesh
Staff
Staff

Hi,

2FA email blocked? Could not able to understand, can you explain in detail.

Activation email will be sent to receiver email address from there user should activate.

chendewu_520

The activation email sent was intercepted by our email server. This cannot be avoided, so I would like to ask if there are other activation methods.

alif

hi @chendewu_520 

Alternatively, you can use SMS based 2 FA. You can use FortiGuard as SMS server.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Create-a-user-with-SMS-based-two-factor/ta...

Regards,
SFA
chendewu_520

Hi alif

Is fortiguard free?

alif

hi @chendewu_520 

It's not free and you will require FortiGuard SMS license or you can purchase from third party vendor.

Regards,
SFA
chendewu_520

Hi alif

So is there any other way to receive the 2FA QR code or allow me to activate 2FA?

alif

hi @chendewu_520 

There are only two methods supported for activating via FortiToken; Email and SMS.

Regards,
SFA
mle2802
Staff
Staff

Hi @chendewu_520,

What do you mean by blocked? Is the email blocked by your email filter? You can run alert email debug while sending the code and you can get the activation code in the email body:

diag debug reset
diag debug enable
diag debug console timestamp enable
diag debug application alertmail -1

Regards,
Minh

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @chendewu_520,

Why not whitelist it on your email server? Let's try this trick. 

1. Disable and re-enable Two-factor Authentication again to send a new activation code email because the previous one might be expired. 

2. Go to Log & Report > System Events > General System Events > Filter for "Log Description = Token activation code sent". 

3. In the Log Details, you will see the activation code. systemevent.PNG

4. Enter that code manually in FortiToken app on your phone to activate it. https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-activate-FortiToken-manually-for-ad...

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors