Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
slarkins
New Contributor

TWINAX/DAC Cable Compatibility FS-124F / FS-148F

I need to connect my FS-124F or FS-148F Switch to a Broadcom 57416 SFP+ Network card. This will be for a future server purchase but i currently have servers at my location using the same NIC which has an open SFP+ port (the other is using a Dell twinax/Dac cable connecting back to a Dell switch) and want to test with a spare FS-148F ahead of my project start. I have tried 2 different aftermarket Twinax/Dac cable brands with no luck linking. One was 7m and other was 5m . Has anyone had any luck with a particular aftermarket DAC cable to link between the FS-124F or FS-148F with the Broadcom network card? I know FOrtinet lists a 7m DAC cable but not sure if those are just to interconnect Fortinet switches or they are generic enough to connect to Broadcom nic...plus the Fortinet branded cables are outrageously expensive...

1 Solution
ac1
Contributor II

I don't have experience, but have you tried to set the speed of the interface to 10000auto or 10000full?

It seems possible to be a negotiation problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ac1
Contributor II

I don't have experience, but have you tried to set the speed of the interface to 10000auto or 10000full?

It seems possible to be a negotiation problem.

slarkins
New Contributor

Thanks...yes...that was the problem..had to set NIC to 10000 full vs auto...i determined this a few days ago but failed to update this post

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors