Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MOHAMMAD_ALAVI
New Contributor II

THE LOGS NOT RECEIVED

Dear guys, i' ve installed a FAL VM (with trial license) in order to evaluate it . i' ve set my FG to connect to FAL and it' s done successfully. and in FAL devices i can see the FG . but when i try to send the logs to FAL, i encounter with the message THE LOGS NOT RECEIVED . someone help me
UTM can not guarantee your data security . The security is a system, it's a collection of rules not only an appliance ...
UTM can not guarantee your data security . The security is a system, it's a collection of rules not only an appliance ...
13 REPLIES 13
emorillo
New Contributor

I had a similar problem with a FA-100C: The FG200B was running 4.0 MR2 Patch 8 The FA100C was running 4.0 MR3 Patch 1 Everything was working fine. I updated FG200B to 5.0 Patch 1 and the FortiAnalyzer stopped receiving logs, it said " LOGS NOT RECEIVED" . I tried many many things but in the end I updated the FortiAnalyzer to 5.0 Patch 1 and it started receiving logs again. Cheers!
Matthijs
New Contributor II

What software versions do you use?
Ralph1973
Contributor

Hi, I run into the same issue here. I am preconfiguring a FA400c at home, to be used in our company when I am ready testing etc. I have connected some Fortigates (60c, 60B, 100d) and only the 60B sends its logs to the FA. I took the Fortigate Cookbook and noticed that it says this: Before configuring the FortiGate unit, ensure both the FortiGate unit and the FortiAnalyzer unit have the same firmware version and maintenance release. If both do not have the same firmware version and maintenance release, issues may arise, such as being unable to send logs to the FortiAnalyzer unit. Well, while typing this I see it doesn' t say ' Patch level' , so I can interpret this as it should be okay when the FGT and FA run on 4.0 MR3 with any patchlevel. But I still don' t know why it doesn' t work. Maybe need to configure a FW policy to permit traffic to port 514 or so? Kind regards, Ralph Willemsen Arnhem, Netherlands
Ralph1973
Contributor

Well it works now, I figured out, that upgrading to 5.01 did the trick. I am not really happy with that, since I think this version is not free from bugs though.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors