Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dwilliams1979
New Contributor

TCP timestamp stripping

Stripping the tcp timestamp from traffic that passes through the firewall is becoming a more frequent request as it is showing up on various vulnerability scans.  I see that some security appliances have a command that specifically strips the timestamp value from TCP but I have been unable to find something similar in the Fortigate.

Does anyone know of a command that will accomplish this or is there a way to do this with application control? 

3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I never seen that function in a fortigate. Cisco ASA has  had this function for numerous years now & with tcp fixup from mss to other value. Have you looked at all the full show cli command under the  firewall policies for a policies?

If you don't find it, than request the feature and you can make a business case or feature reason for it and maybe FTNT will offer this at some future build.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
jintrah_FTNT

This is an old function, you can use below,

config system global  set tcp-option disable 

end This will no longer allow TCP timestamps from showing up. 

jaustgen

jintrah wrote:

This is an old function, you can use below,

config system global  set tcp-option disable 

end This will no longer allow TCP timestamps from showing up. 

I believe that will just stop the Fortigate itself from generating tcp timestamps, it won't strip them from forwarded packets.  Or am I not reading this right?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors