Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
x_member
Contributor

System Log reports Files dropped by quard / quarantine daemon

Since implementing a Fortigate 60D with 5.2.3 a few weeks ago the system log shows an hourly entry reporting numbers of files dropped by quard (I've attached an example screenshot).

The entry provides no real information as to the cause, and I'm struggling to locate information online that indicates whether we should be concerned about this.

I've found reference to the quarantine daemon in the CLI manual and methods of debugging however I can't determine what options are available to use with the 

diag test application quarantined
command and am concerned about running such commands blind in a production environment.

Can anyone offer some advice on the following:

1. How can I determine the reason for this behaviour?

2. Should I be concerned about this, or is it typical?

TIA

1 Solution
x_member
Contributor

Replying to myself in case anyone stumbles across this thread looking for the same information:

using 

debug diagnose application quarantine -1
I realised that the drops are files intended for FortiSandbox but unable to be uploaded as our daily limit (free version) was reached.

Rather a shame that the reason isn't logged in the System Event log as FortiCloud sandbox daily limit reached" or similar. Could have saved me some time at least.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
x_member
Contributor

Replying to myself in case anyone stumbles across this thread looking for the same information:

using 

debug diagnose application quarantine -1
I realised that the drops are files intended for FortiSandbox but unable to be uploaded as our daily limit (free version) was reached.

Rather a shame that the reason isn't logged in the System Event log as FortiCloud sandbox daily limit reached" or similar. Could have saved me some time at least.

ReseauSL

Thanks, you just saved me some frustrating debugging.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors