Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aklguy
New Contributor

Sync VPN, Fallback

Currently we have 4x 60E.

1 in our HQ office and then 3 for our remote/Satellite offices.

VPN for remote staff then talk to HQ.

We have 3 servers which are currently based in HQ at the moment, we are looking at moving them to cloudbased with firewalls so only connections from each office can access. This is incase HQ has network/power issues, the other offices can still operate.

The only issue I would like to address is can the users/groups be synced across more than one devices easily.

Then the VPN connection client if it can not connect to the first HQ, then connect to a secondary one ie so if vpn1.domain.com is down it tries to connect to vpn2.domain.com

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

So you want to have a fallback mechanism (4 levels) for Remote Client VPNs. I'm not sure if there is an automatic way to hop one to the next when it fails. But at least a user can change server to connect to manually when one fails.

Then an easiest (or the best) way to let client authentication shared between FGs is to have a remote authentication server; RADIUS/TACACS/LDAP, outside of FGs. So as long as reachability to the auth server is there from all FGs, the same user can get on any FG with the same credential. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

So you want to have a fallback mechanism (4 levels) for Remote Client VPNs. I'm not sure if there is an automatic way to hop one to the next when it fails. But at least a user can change server to connect to manually when one fails.

Then an easiest (or the best) way to let client authentication shared between FGs is to have a remote authentication server; RADIUS/TACACS/LDAP, outside of FGs. So as long as reachability to the auth server is there from all FGs, the same user can get on any FG with the same credential. 

aklguy

Thank you Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors