Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gospon
New Contributor

Support for 100D

Hello to all!

I am new to forum and and FortiGate devices and I need some help.

I just bought second hand Forti 100D, but it has old FortiOS (5.2) and form what I see there is no way to update it's firmware without subscription?

Since I have bought this for HomeLab I don't need cloud/extended features and I must say I was shocked when I saw that I cannot event update firmware?

Is this true?

If it is really true, what is the lowest subscription to get access to firmware(since this is the only thing I need), as I said I don't need 24x7 support or others since this is for HomeLab purposes and learning.

1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

you do not need a subscription to physically update the Firmware.

But you do ned a FortiCare subscription to gain access to the firmware images since they are not available for download in public.

Also 100D is no longer supported in FortiOS 6.4. So currently the latest firmware that can run on a 100D should be 6.2.7.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

you do not need a subscription to physically update the Firmware.

But you do ned a FortiCare subscription to gain access to the firmware images since they are not available for download in public.

Also 100D is no longer supported in FortiOS 6.4. So currently the latest firmware that can run on a 100D should be 6.2.7.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
gospon
New Contributor

Thank you for reply!

Yes this is what I was shocked, probably I wouldn't buy it if I knew this, even for basic pretty cheap devices you can download  newest firmware without a problem.

6.2.7 is more than sufficient for me, do you know what would be cheapest(how much approximately would it cost) one year option for this device?

sw2090
Honored Contributor

I cannot tell you as fortinet themselves don't sell the licenses. You will need to contact some reseller for that.

-- 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors