Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jhege
New Contributor

Suggestions for development of FortiClient for MacOS

To development team:

2 suggestions:

1.  When I open / launch FortiClient it opens right up.  When I'm done using it and want to close it by clicking "Shut Down FortiClient" on menu bar, it always brings up a password prompt to enter in my local Mac administrator password.  I don't see why it lets me launch it with no password, but wants a password to close it.  Just a minor annoyance.  I think I should be able to open and close the program without having to enter my password.  Maybe make that a user preference setting?

2. None of the FortiClient windows respond to the system wide close window shortcut, command-W.  Have to close using the red circle.  Bug / missing feature IMHO.

Other than this the program works great.

Thank you! Jon

FortiClient 5.6.0.703

5 REPLIES 5
jhege
New Contributor

Also the system wide shortcut command+tab (like alt+tab on windows) works on the main "console" window, but not on the quick VPN connect window when you launch from the top right menu bar. Thanks

jhege
New Contributor

I don't see any option to not load FortiClient on system startup.  The program loads every time the computer boots up whether I want it to or not.  Even unders System Preferences, User accounts, Login items, it's not listed as a program I can delete from running when I log in.

Can Fortinet add an option in FortiClient for Mac to not load it on system startup? Thanks

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you  check the launchd  the program is probably being launchd from that service

https://www.macworld.com/article/2047747/take-control-of-startup-and-login-items.html

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
jhege
New Contributor

Thanks.

I ran launchctl list and then found two possibilities:

- 0 com.fortinet.fct_launcher

- 0 com.fortinet.credential_store

Not sure how to remove these. Tried some article on google but was not clear how to do this.

Anyway why doesn't FortiNet put a simple checkbox in their application to control startup behavior like every other decent app?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

try launchctl remove < insert the name >

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors