Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
veechee
New Contributor

Suggestion: Group Policy ADMX or other management of FortiClient SSLVPN

It sure would be nice of Fortinet could release a Group Policy ADMX file that could allow some simple configuration of the FortiClient SSLVPN software which is included with FortiGate maintenance. I believe with a few minor code changes these could be made possible: 1. Disable the ability for a user to store a password for connections (and perhaps the username although I don' t personally need that). 2. Disable the ability for a user to check the " Do not warn about certificate validation failure" check box for a connection. 3. Disable the " Keep connection alive until manually stopped" check box. 4. The ability to pre-define the actual connections. (I' ve contemplated doing this using registry Group Policy Preferences - has anyone done this?) I' m not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I wonder if there will be a native 64-bit Windows client sometime? The networks I look after could be 32-bit free within a year.
5 REPLIES 5
FortiRack_Eric
New Contributor III

I second that, also we want it to be easy do disable irrelevant fields in the client and an option to preset username based on saMaccountid or UPN and the keep last used username. While we at it, a couple of clients would like to replace the green logo with another. That would be great too. What are the thought of others?

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack
Shagma
New Contributor

I came here looking for this, thinking it was already possible. We need ways to deploy the client in a reasonable manner in larger environments with ability to control user interaction with the client.
veechee
New Contributor

I wonder if Fortinet is going to discourage the use of the standalone SSLVPN client since they now have three other versions of FortiClient: FortiClient Lite, FortiClient Connect and FortiClient Premium. The middle version (FortiClient Connect) features both SSL and IPSec VPN capabilities, and there are some tools included to package VPN connections up for use with it. All I need presently is SSLVPN though so I' d much rather stick with the simpler software.
BernhardM
New Contributor

me too!
FGT 60C
FGT 60C
El_Makedonero
New Contributor

Hey guys, where can I download the ADMX templates?

I see this has been posted 10 years ago, I assume this feature was added by now...

Thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors