Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
titaniumgroup
New Contributor

Subscription Renewal Policy

Recently i have renewed Fortinet firewall subscription, i have renew the subscription after 3 months of last expiry. and after purchasing i have come to know that my new subscription is valid for 9 months not for 12 months, this really very unethical that you are charging for a time period for which we have not used these services. subscription renewal should start from the date of entering new subscription code.

i don't thing that there any logical justification of this weird policy.

4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Of course there is a logical justification.

FortiGuard subscription always includes FortiCare, the hardware warranty prolongation. If a company puts HW under warranty, the overall lifetime counts. So, expired contracts are backdated.

But...

Please note that backdating only occurs for 6 months. So, you never 'lose' more than 6 months.

Secondly, if you buy 2 or more years contract then FTNT will not backdate AT ALL. Your FTNT dealer should have told you this in advance.

HTH.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
titaniumgroup

Subscription and warranty both are different things, you can not mix them up, for hardware warranty we have paid the hardware cost, and for subscriptions like web filtering, application control,  antivirus etc.. we paid separate amount for one year, and as soon as subscription expired these services sopped working, so i have not enjoyed these services for three months but still i have to pay for these three months so its totally illogical.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

"for hardware warranty we have paid the hardware cost"

This is not the way FTNT handles this. HW warranty is covered by a FortiCare contract, not by the amount you paid for the HW. (Although sometimes, HW and contracts are bundled). The benefit of this is that you can prolong the HW warranty period for years by acquiring a FortiCare contract.

But, as I already mentioned, you will not be charged for a lapse period if you purchase a contract which runs for more than 1 year. Wouldn't that suit you?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
premchanderr
Staff
Staff

Note: Discussion opened incorrectly in Fortisiem thread, this should be in Fortigate section.

In Fortisiem license you have registration date and expiration date, decided the moment you purchase the contract.

Regards,
Prem Chander R
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors