Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vladxxx
New Contributor II

Strange forticlient behavior with MacOS

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with Forticlient when I use it from MacOS (Sonoma). It was ok earlier (with Ventura) but because I tried to debug some another strange IPSec VPN issue, I had to uninstall it (using the official method) and install an older version. Since then when I press connect button for my SSL VPN it seems Forticlient is freezes (stuck in connecting phase) and the disconnect button also not working, so I have to shutdown Forticlient.... Unfortunately due to Fortinet strange policy, support can't help (forticlient-vpn is not covered by support contract), so all my hope is in this community :) Have you ever seen something like this? Any suggestion to fix?

Thanks

L:

1 Solution
Umer221
Staff
Staff

Try installing an older version of FortiClient 6.0 range

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Umer221
Staff
Staff

Did you enable web version SSL on FortiGate? If you did, then try accessing via web.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.1/administration-guide/579694/ssl-vpn-web-mode-for-...

Umer221
Staff
Staff

Some users with similar issue, were able to get it to work by installing an older version of FortiClient.

Try installing 6.0 version range and then test.

Umer221
Staff
Staff

Try installing an older version of FortiClient 6.0 range

vladxxx
New Contributor II

Thank you all. Seems like this is some kind of compatibility issues between the latest (7.x) version of Forticlient and MacOS Sonoma. With 6.x it is working perfectly

L:

Umer221
Staff
Staff

Thanks for letting us know, we will keep a track.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors