Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dMb
New Contributor

Status 98% Server 2008 R2 and Windows 8.1

Hi I cannot get the client to connect on Server 2008 R2 or Windows 8.1 It works from from old OS' s The connection just hangs at Status 98% Windows displays a 20227 EventID " The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named xxxxx which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 633." Seeing posts about a Windows security update on older OS' s that cause this but not applicable in my case. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
bryanzim
New Contributor

I get the same results on Windows Server 2012 R2 which is I assume what you meant. I' m using the latest SSLVPN client of V4.4.2294. It has never worked so far and neither does the latest FortiClient V5.0.6 which claims compatibility. This used to work fine to my Fortigate 60D under windows server 2012.
kolawale_FTNT

Try uninstall and re-install FortiClient 5.0.6. Then try establishing the SSL VPN connection again.
dMb
New Contributor

apologies but I did mean 2012 R2 (well spotted bryanzim) I have tried the following installing the 4.x version upgrading to the 5.147 version uninstalled 5.147 and re-installed Tried other 2012 R2 systems disabled IPV6 Running client as Administrator I have run into TLS/SSL issues on 2012 R2 in past and had to do with a TLS1.0 / SSL3.0 and the OS and server not negotiating this properly. Does anyone know what Forti will prefer?
bryanzim
New Contributor

As you have probably noticed, Fortinet does not monitor or respond to this forum.
kolawale_FTNT

Must be a bug on Windows Server 2012 R2 platform, to be resolved in a future FortiClient (5.2 ?) release. Interestingly, SSL VPN works on Windows 8.1, but not on Windows Server 2012 R2. You would expect it either works on both, or on neither. Report a bug to Microsoft?
SteveRoadWarrior
New Contributor III

We had a similar problem with a Windows 8.1 client. He had an older version of FortiClient SSL VPN installed and had upgraded. Fix: Uninstall client. Reboot. Reinstall client. In the process we also disabled UAC, but I don' t expect this was the fix. Left UAC at the 2nd to the lowest setting (one notch above the completely disabled setting).
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors