Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jyoung1978
New Contributor

Static route with address from global object group

Anyone know why the static routes name addresses won't pull from my global address group? I am need to populate a static route with a number of address group that was created on my fabric root firewall. I see very limited addresses when doing this in the gut. Can this be done from the CLI?

3 REPLIES 3
amrit
Staff
Staff

Are you accessing the objects from the downstream fortigate? Make sure the address group and object synchronization are enabled in the fabric. You can refer to this document : https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.6.0/administration-guide/880913/synchronizing-objects...

Amritpal Singh
jyoung1978

Yes the object is already syncing to my spoke unit. The synced object shows up on the unit but I can access any of the addresses in the static routes. Even if I build an address local to the unit it still never shows up in the list under named addresses.

jyoung1978

Got it working had to select static route configuration button on the fabric root.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors