Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MadDog_2023
New Contributor III

Split Tunnel Group - A duplicate entry already exists

Hi All,

I created an IPSec VPN tunnel for remote Access "VPN for MAC" and Client Address Range 172.30.1.1-172.30.1.254.

Soon after that I deleted it as all of a sudden it stopped working. 

Now I'm trying to re-create IPSec VPN tunnel with the same name "VPN for MAC" and the same Client Address range but getting the error on the screenshot. 

FG IPSec VPN.jpg

Could you please advise how to delete the original tunnel entry.

2 Solutions
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @MadDog_2023,

Please check on the GUI > Policy & Objects > Addresses and make sure "VPN for MAC" or IP range "172.30.1.1-172.30.1.254" is not there. 

Regards, 

View solution in original post

MadDog_2023
New Contributor III

Under Policy & Objects \ Address I found an address group "VPN for MAC_split" that was the reason of my issue.

Deleting that group resolved it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kmohan
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Did you verify the tunnel entry on the GUI >>Under the IPsec Tunnel, and any Policy for the Tunnel delete it from the entry, and delete the tunnel.

Again you can re-create with same Tunnel Name:

Let us know your Firmware Version ?

Karthick
kmohan
Staff
Staff

Refresh or Clear Configuration Cache:

• Sometimes, configuration changes may not be immediately reflected. Try refreshing or clearing the configuration cache:

execute update-now
Karthick
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @MadDog_2023,

Please check on the GUI > Policy & Objects > Addresses and make sure "VPN for MAC" or IP range "172.30.1.1-172.30.1.254" is not there. 

Regards, 

MadDog_2023
New Contributor III

Under Policy & Objects \ Address I found an address group "VPN for MAC_split" that was the reason of my issue.

Deleting that group resolved it. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors