Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

Spill Over

is there a way how configure asecenlink similar to spill-over of fortigate?

let say I have 2 WAN links 10 and 5Mb respectively. I wish my 10MB link will saturate first before its sway to 5MB link.

Any feedback is highly appreciated

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
3 REPLIES 3
pcraponi
Contributor II

I think that you can catch this....

You need configure downstream and upstream threshold of each WAN link on the configuration page of WAN Setting. WAN links with traffic that exceeds the threshold values will be considered as failed on Auto Routing..

So, if you create a FIXED Algorithm on Auto Routing for ISP1 and setup Fail-Over Policy to ISP2, you can do this...

Regards,

Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Fullmoon

Hi Paulo deeply appreciated your feedback. If you allow me can I send you my config? If yes pls let me know. Thanks

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Fullmoon

p****oni wrote:

You need configure downstream and upstream threshold of each WAN link on the configuration page of WAN Setting. WAN links with traffic that exceeds the threshold values will be considered as failed on Auto Routing..

So, if you create a FIXED Algorithm on Auto Routing for ISP1 and setup Fail-Over Policy to ISP2, you can do this...

Hi Paul, just an update only I tried above suggestion but seems not working. Based on MRTG reporting all traffic passes thru WAN1 with 10Mb bandwidth sometimes it exceeds, however spill over is not taking place.

Any guess?

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors