Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ZeeshanIshkay
New Contributor II

Specific VDOM upgrade on FortiGate firewall v7.0.x

Hello Team,

I would like to know if we can update Forti OS for Specific VDOM?

Say for example I have multiple VDOMS configured on my FortiGate firewall.

root VDOM, Internet VDOM, UAT VDOM.

Can I update only Internet VDOM and no other VDOM, as per my understanding it is not possible.

but I am not getting any documents related to this, any reference document would help.

1 Solution
jintrah_FTNT

Upgrade option is provided only on global mode in GUI and not on vdoms, so upgrade possibilities are understood be a global change for the entire system.

Best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
scan888
Contributor

Hi,

No that is not possible. 

The Firmware is based on the Hardware or Virtual Appliance and not on VDOM base and you can only run one firmware at the time.

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Like" and mark the solution.
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Like" and mark the solution.
ZeeshanIshkay

Yes, thats exactly my understanding, but could not get any documents on forums or doc.fortinet, can you help me on that part.

scan888

No worries, for that we have our community. :)

jintrah_FTNT

Upgrade option is provided only on global mode in GUI and not on vdoms, so upgrade possibilities are understood be a global change for the entire system.

Best regards,

Jin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors