Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dvdsmith
New Contributor

Spam URL Classification useless?

This regards the " Spam URL" Classification under " Fortiguard Web Filtering" . I was wondering if anyone else felt the Spam URL classification has been applied to liberally to too many websites. For example budget.com, the rental car company, fell into this one. While having this on sounded like a good idea at first, I quickly had to turn it off due to frequent blocking of sites my personnel need. I' ll send the occasional correction in to Fortinet, but I' m not going to turn it into a full time job.

Fortigate-200B 5.2.8 Build 727

3 REPLIES 3
abelio
Valued Contributor

Agree with you But meanwhile you could ' whitelist' domains you trust without disabling fgtAS service for example:
 config spamfilter emailbwl
  edit 1
     set email-pattern " budget.com" 
     set pattern-type wildcard
     set action clear
     set status enable
  next
 end

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
dvdsmith
New Contributor

abelio, thanks

bmatsugu_FTNT

FYI, the FortiGuard database has been corrected on June 14th for Budget.com Whenever you see these types of " mis-ratings" , please go to www.fortinet.com/fortiguardcenter > URL Lookup (near bottom of page) (http://www.fortinet.com/FortiGuardCenter/webfiltering/webfiltering2.html) You can then check the rating of a URL and then suggest or comment on the result if you think we made a mistake. Cheers, Bruce
Bruce Matsugu Professional Services
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors